Training with elastic
Training with elastics has many benefits. By using elastic in your workout, you can become stronger, activate your muscles and reduce the chance of injury. There are only a few of us who have the basement full of exercise equipment, and many believe that this is a must to get a proper workout at home. That is completely wrong!
A good workout does not have to take a long time or require a lot of equipment. With training elastic, you can train anytime and anywhere. They take up little space and are easy to take with you wherever you go. This allows you to complete a good session no matter where you are.
Training elastic in different strengths and colors
Exercise elastic is the perfect accessory for the workout.Famous training knitsr comes in three fresh colors, with three different strengths:
The different resistances allow you to start easily and then increase gradually as you get stronger. The elastics can be used in advance of a workout to get in touch with the muscle group to be activated, or alone for a "full body workout with minibands".
Good exercises with training elastic for the whole body
By using exercise bands, you can train large parts of the body quite easily. There are endless different exercises you can perform with elastic. Below we refer to some of our favorite exercises that we think you should try out.
Exercises for the lower body
# 1 Donkey kick
This exercise trains both the buttocks and the lower back.
- Stand on all fours with your knees and palms on the floor pointing straight ahead.
- Place the elastic below the knee to hold it in place during the exercise.
- Stabilize the upper body and hold the angle of the right leg while moving the heel of the foot straight up to the ceiling.
- Hold the leg in the upper position for a few seconds before returning to the starting point.
- Repeat the desired number of repetitions, then change feet.
# 2 Lateral leg lift
This exercise trains the outer hip muscles.
- Tie the elastic around both legs, below the knees and lie on your side.
- Lift the leg you have at the top straight up while making sure to maintain a tight position.
- Then lower your foot in a controlled manner again.
- Keep a steady pace and turn over to the other side when you have taken the desired number of repetitions on the first foot.
If you want more resistance, you can move the elastic further down to the legs or ankles. If you want the exercise to be simpler, move the elastic over the knees.
# 3 Sideways walk
This exercise takes on the outside of the thighs and buttocks.
- Attach the elastic under the knees.
- Bend your knees and hips and then walk sideways back and forth.
- You decide how hard you want to do it. The further down you bend your knees and hips, the heavier it gets!
For more good exercises for buttocks check out our previous post where we show differentbutt exercises with elastic!
Exercises for the upper body
# 1 Pushups
By performing this exercise, you mainly train the chest, front shoulder, arm muscles (triceps) and core. Many people struggle with pushups, here the elastic can be a great help!
- Attach the elastic to your arms, over your elbows. This way you will get the help of the elastic to perform pushups.
- Stand in a plank position with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and with your knees or toes on the ground.
- Lower yourself in a controlled manner towards the ground so that you create a tension in the elastic and push yourself up again to the starting position.
The further down towards the hands you attach the elastic, the less help you get and the exercise becomes heavier.
# 2 Seated rowing
By doing this exercise you are mainly trainingback and arm muscles (biceps).
- Sit down on your buttocks with relatively straight legs and then fasten the elastic around your feet.
- Grasp the elastic with your hands.
- Then lean back so that you have straight arms and approx. 90 degrees at the hips.
- Pull your shoulders back slightly as you come up and forward with your chest.
- Pull the elastic towards the ribs and perform calm, controlled repetitions.
By performing this exercise, you train your stomach.
- Put the elastic around the feet.
- Then put yourself in the push-up position and pull your knees in towards your elbows.
- Here you get resistance all the way so that it is heavier than regular mountain climbers.
- Remember! Keep your back and butt down, do not stand like a tent.