There are many things girls and ladies wonder when it comes to buying a sports bra and it is always okay with a little knowledge before investing in anything. We collected your most common questions about sports bras and gave you the answer! Read on for your long-awaited answers and our best tips!
1. Why is there a Sports Bra?
Bras have been invented and reinvented since ancient times, but the sports bra is quite new, more precisely, 1977. It was invented by an American who could not run because of the pain she got in her breasts. Since then, sports bras have been one of the most important garments for women, when it comes to exercise, because they provide comfort and women avoid pain.
2. Why should I wear a Sports Bra when I exercise?
When we exercise, we move the body and implicitly the breasts, more than when we perform daily work. If you do not wear the right training bra, you will experience either discomfort or worse, pain. What happens then is most likely that we adjust the body so that we avoid the pain, which in turn can lead to back pain.If you want to avoid unnecessary pain, you should wear a sports bra with good support.
3. What kind of bra is there and how should I choose the right one for me?
There are two main types of sports bras:
- Compression bra : These bras usually come in pull-over styles without built-in cups (here can you find an example)
- Encapsulation bra : These are training bras for high intensity training with built-in inserts; these are also suitable for ladies with large breasts, even if they do not exercise - they offer a lot of support (here you will find an example).
You should choose a training bra depending on what type of activity to do:
- Forlow intensity training like yoga and stretching, you should choose seamless sports bras or softer sports tops that focus on flexibility and comfort; feel free to look at oursSeamless Bralette andSuave Sports Bra
- For high-intensity training like running or dancing, you should look at bras -s with good support likeScrunch Sports Bra andShine Sports Bra
We suggest you take a look at oursSports -BH Guide for extra help and tips.
4. How should my sports bra fit?
The training bra is designed to hold the breasts in place, while you are constantly moving, so should get more support than from a regular bra, one at a time, you must be able to breathe. Remember that you do not have to buy a smaller cup size to keep your breasts in place, because the sports bra is meant to do that no matter if you have large breasts. A tip for ladies who are struggling to find support is to buy a sports bra with inserts.
TIPS : look at ourBra Size Guide if you are wondering how to find or measure bra size.
5. What other features are important when choosing a Sports -BH?
In addition to supporting and reducing the high stress from the various sports, one of the most important features, when it comes to sports bras, is the fabric it is made of. Please stick tomoisture-transporting materials which does not absorb sweat. It is important to remember that, when looking for exercise clothes.
6. Can you wear a sports bra every day
We know that since the endless pandemic, sportswear has become our daily attire because of comfort; but there are some things to keep in mind:
- sports bras tend to be too tight - which is why they are perfect for training; but if you use them for a long period of time, it can lead toweakening of the back muscles, which in turn can cause (among other things) to shoulder pain;
- In addition to that, wearing a sports bra all day can lead toskin problems such as rashes, skin irritation and even fungal infections in severe cases.
So we recommend that you wear the right training clothes when you exercise, but it is generally best if you do not wear tight clothing day and night.
7. Shrinks Sports bra breasts?
This is a common misconception among our younger audience. Growth throughout the body is not affected by what we wear, but by hormones, exercise and diet (and by that, we mean what you eat). It is recommended that you find the right size for the benefit of both comfort and support.
8. I have big breasts, I should wear 2 Sports bra?
You do not need that! If you do not get the support you need, just find a bra with good support that fits to you ! Feel free to look at oursBH Guide to find very useful information about it. However, in short, there are several types of training bras. Ladies with large breasts can use what we call encapsulation sports bra for high-intensity training, even if you do something like yoga or pilates. If you do not like thislooken, and would like to try something else, then we recommend that you take a look at our training top with built-in bra -Power Seamless Top .
9. How Should I Wash My Sports Bras??
Ideally, you should wash your sports bras after each use, especially if you live in a hot climate or usually sweat a lot. Frequent washing will help eliminate the bacteria that are transmitted from the body to the clothes, remove the odor and extend the life of the bra. Do not put it in the dryer, as it will damage the elastic and fabric of the bra; over time, the bra will lose support.
10. How many Sports bras should I own?
You should own a sports bra for every day you exercise. If you train twice a week, you must have two on rotation. If you exercise four to five days a week, you can try to have at least four on rotation, then you have time to wash them after each use.
click here for all our Sports Bras!